It is time for me to start to catch up with awards. I’ve been very busy these last couple of days, so I lagged on blogging… I have been nominated for The Sisterhood Of The World Bloggers Award by the lovely Belinda Crane, writer extraordinaire of impressively intelligent short stories. The first story I’ve read in her blog was “Little Ol’ Henrietta” if you haven’t read it, just.. stop reading this and go check it out first 🙂
Here are the rules:
Rule 1 – Thank the person who nominated you:
Thank you so much Belinda Crane, for nominating me for this award. And also, thanks heaps for your stories 🙂
Rule 2 – Add the award logo to your blog.
Rule 3 – Answer the questions asked by the nominator.
1. Describe how it makes you feel to write.
Writing is like a therapy, it allows you to put a word on the images and feelings that occupy your mind. It usually calms me.
2. Do you have a routine for where or how you write?
I usually write at home, or anywhere I feel safe. In an environment where I know that I wont be bothered every minute.
3. Is there anyone you would thank for giving you the final little push to start your blog?
I think that would be my lovely girlfriend.
4. Do you have any writing goals?
Not that I’m aware of 🙂
5. What inspires you to keep blogging?
The need to write something and share it.
6. What is your favorite book?
The Wizard of the Earthsea by Ursula K. LeGuin
7. Do you have one distinct moment in time, when you fell in love with writing and/or reading?
I fell in love with reading as soon as I learned how to read. And for writing, sometime during university I guess (not so distinct after all).
8. What is your favorite movie?
“Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon”, beautiful story, stunning artwork, impressive martial arts choreographies…
9. Describe your style of writing.
I like to write as I talk. I try to be simple and fluent.
10. Describe yourself.
Well… Easiest is to describe how I look: I’m a 1m60 brunette with very long, dark wavy hair. My friends and colleagues often joke about my height (or the lack thereof). I’m athletically built and have a black tribal dragon along my left arm. Some say I’m good looking. I don’t know if I agree, but at least I don’t have any body image problems…
Rule 4 – Nominate 5 bloggers
OK, it’s my turn to nominate people. Here are my picks from the blogs I’ve been stalking lately:
Kathy Salt, who happens to be one of the hottest fiction writers in wordpress 😉
Bellaelena, who often writes about her confusing emotions with outstanding honesty
Forties and faking it a very brave person with a big heart
The almighty Baroness Buttercup sorry for bothering you with this Baroness, but a fan girl must fangirl…
and finally NotAnne… it’s very hard to find the right words to describe this blog. Just go and check it out (especially the posts on the “Right here, right now” category, I’m pretty sure you’ll be like… this) and her other blog is this one 🙂
Rule 5 – Ask 10 questions of your own
That’s the tricky part. Since I’ve been stalking these blogs quite intensively I have to retain myself from asking very specific questions…
1. Who is your favorite book character?
2. Why that character?
3. What’s your favorite subject to write about?
4. How would you define strength?
5. Do you get jealous easily?
6. What would make you jealous?
7. What do you like the most about women?
8. What do you dislike the most about women?
9. Which country would you like to visit the most?
10. How do you drink your Martini?